Thursday, July 2, 2009

Further Reflections on Slideshow Projects

HK's Slideshow: I took this as a look at the mockery that modern society is. The images of real protests, real struggles against oppression, are contrasted with images of sarcasm and mindless pursuit of fame and fortune. It really hits on the insensitivity of the present.

Dan's Slideshow: The difference between the random and ordered versions of this slideshow was really interesting. Watching the random one first, I had sort of gained the impression that it was about watching the Main Stacks open in the morning, or possibly shut down. Afterward, watching the ordered view, it was more obviously of a person searching through the stacks for a book, but I still had this sense of it being an opening. I liked it, but I felt like some of the blurred images were pointless; at least, I didn't really gain much from them.

Crystal's Slideshow: Honestly, I was a little lost when watching this slideshow. There were a lot of possible topics covered, and I wasn't sure what the theme was (or if there was one). The only things I could think about were the "signs" we're shown in everyday life, that give us contextual clues, but that seemed to blur as the pictures progressed.

Aaron's Slideshow: At first glance, I took this for just a simple walk-along-the-beach sort of narrative, but then I realized that it was really looking at objects in the context of a beach setting. I really liked the different things that were there; it did a good job of highlighting the things you see and take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment