Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Reflecting on Slideshows

Susmita's Slideshow: I took the slideshow as a narrative of a night playing poker. The clock pictures showed time passing, and the multiple pictures of the chips detailed that this was a big tournament.

Rasheena's Slidesow: This was like an exposition about the different perspectives between an adult and a child; not only is there a size difference, obviously demonstrated by taking pictures of objects before hand and then with both herself and the kid, but also a difference in use. Rasheena drank from the glasses, the toddler played with them. Also, the black-and-white emphasis on the "adult" pictures (that is an awkward phrase) shows a sort of grown-up feel, to me.

Raquel's Slideshow: I was really intrigued by this, because I did something very similar. I take this to be a show of how the city of Champaign, especially the campus area, is constantly updating itself, importing the new at all times.

Megan's Slideshow: I liked the style here, because it seems like an attempt to escape the interior, the inside, and find the way to nature. The exit signs really emphasized a desire to get out, go outside, but I think some of the Allerton Park statues were a little distracting from that, but that's just my take.

No comments:

Post a Comment